Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My pub-poetry Archive...

Welcome to my pub-poetry archive..
You will find 71 of my previous postings on these pages. If you would like to view my current work you will need to visit my ALL NEW pub-poetry page at: SweetTalkingGuy...

LAST STAND
I went to the
new bus shelter
on Churchill Way
and looked down at
Salford Ski Slope.
Like everything else
it looked neglected.
Grass had started
to grow through
the white squares.
No plastic bread crate
toboggan, no mangled
bike frame without wheels,
no toughened glass
panels lying about.
In fact it looked too neat -
the grass banking had
recently been mown.
I looked away in
search of a 52 bus...
Then it caught my eye
a single plywood panel -
resting at the bottom
of the slope!
DW1993CCLSIS

8 Comments:

At April 10, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger broadwaybabe said...

o beutiful words you have my dear

 
At April 10, 2007 4:29 PM, Blogger Andy Sewina said...

Thanks broadwaybabe, I love your blogspot - almostme - too! Maybe we can do a reciprical link or something?

 
At February 03, 2009 2:43 AM, Blogger Dave King said...

I enjoyed this. I'll come back soon for another read.

 
At February 03, 2009 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, well done to you for finding this, there's another ski slope piece if you scroll down the page a bit.

 
At April 12, 2009 7:14 AM, Blogger deepteshpoetry said...

Metaphorical n deep.Chk out the one on my blog.....it's ghostly.

 
At April 21, 2010 2:33 AM, Blogger Americanising Desi said...

very profound :)

 
At April 27, 2011 12:20 PM, Blogger Gaurang Rao said...

Nice One! Happy Easter to you and your family!

 
At January 26, 2013 7:00 PM, Blogger Andy Sewina said...

Please leave any further comments on my Pub Poetry page at sewina.blogspot.com

Many thanks for reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Computer Assurance Degree Online Courses
Computer Assurance Degree Online Courses